Friday, August 31, 2012

A wonderful salad!

Wow, I just made the best salad I think I've ever had in my life... pearl barley, roasted butternut squash, broccoli, kalamata olives and red onions. It's delicious and pretty, too!



Just had to share my recipe...

1 cup cooked pearl barley
1 cup small broccoli florets
1 cups roasted butternut squash, cubed
1/2 red onion, chopped
15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced

For the dressing:

5 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced

I bought my barley pre-cooked at Whole Foods so that was easy. Roast the squash on a foil lined cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Microwave the broccoli In a steamer bag for 3 minutes. Pit and slice the olives and chop the onion.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix dressing ingredients together and then stir into the salad fixin's. Enjoy! :)


- Posted by Jennifer

Location:Home, sweet home

No comments:

Post a Comment